Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Getting a Job


Today I read about Tina’s experience of getting a job which brought back some not so fond memories of mine. In the book she explains in detail four of her job interview. I just got my first job in March as a crew member at McDonalds, but I did not come across this job easily at all. I started look for a job when I was about  sixteen I remember my dad sitting me down and giving me that talk about growing up… boring. And I spent my Saturdays for about five weeks just apply for a job anywhere that would allow me. I probably filled out close to fifty applications! And I didn’t receive one phone call back. I share this frustration with Tina during this time in her life. And just like me when she finally got the job she was super excited! I am pretty sure I only have my job right now because of my friend Sarah Ridenour who introduced me to the manager. But after hiring me it took them two weeks to schedule my training and I went in three times when they told me to go in but nobody was there who could train me. Long story short, fast food chains aren’t very responsible.

No comments:

Post a Comment