Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Bossypants, Tina Fey.



For my first book I chose to read Tina Fey’s Bossypants. It is a story about her life as a female comedian in a male dominated world, and it is very humorous. When I first started reading I was very reluctant because I hadn’t read on my own for a long time and to say I wasn’t looking forward to it would be an understatement. But my mood changed after the first paragraph because it was hilarious! So every time I have time I pick up the book. I can’t keep my hands off it!

Today I read about Tina’s father Don. Don reminds me of my father a lot. First of all their names start with the same letter. And they both have very stern faces. In the book Tina says that her dad is “never late for anything,” my dad is the same way. Sometimes we will arrive places fifteen to twenty minutes earlier than we are supposed to and I always get frustrated. He could scare anyone, because he is so tall. Nobody messes with him. His facial expressions are just so frightening.

So far the book has been great and I cannot wait to find out more about Tina’s life, mostly because it is hilarious!

No comments:

Post a Comment